Math and Science Teacher/Instructor
Fort Myers Beach, FL
Paid personal time, Paid holidays, 401K / Retirement plan, Disability Insurance, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Health Insurance
Do you want to work for an organization that makes a lasting impact on kids?
AMIkids has served over 135,000 kids and their families since 1969. Being part of the AMIkids team means that you are helping youth to realize their full potential and become a valuable part of their community.
We are currently seeking a Math and Science Teacher.
In this position you will assist with program academic learning and testing functions and various classroom activities as assigned by the Certified Instructional Staff. Your primary concerns include the safety, supervision, advising, counseling, and role modeling for our students.
As well as an opportunity to make an exceptional difference in kids' lives, AMIKids offers a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Short-Term Disability Insurance • Retirement opportunities
• Holidays & PTO
• Education assistance
• Disability programs
• Credit union membership
• High school diploma or equivalent required (college degree preferred)
• 2 years of experience working with middle or high school-aged students.
• Obtain and maintain appropriate crisis intervention and physical restraint training and certification as defined by state requirements.
• Obtain and maintain current CPR and First Aid Certification by nationally recognized organization.
• Must possess and maintain valid driver’s license in the state of employment and have a driving record that meets the standards of the AMIkids Transportation Policy (CDL may be required based on role).
• Provide instruction and/or lead one or more non-academic learning activities, e.g.,. Life skills, Culinary Arts, Building Construction, Automotive Repair, Small Engine Repair, Marine Engine Repair, Woodworking, Furniture Building, Printing Press Operation, or Graphic Arts.
• Assist or supervise classroom activities.
• Assist in the preparation and maintenance of educational development plans for each student.
• Research select and maintain appropriate educational materials, equipment and resources, and maintain accurate and completed administrative file systems.
• Adhere to all contract and state educational guidelines and Quality Assurance requirements.
• Maintain lesson plans for area of responsibility and coordinate all activities with the Lead Teacher, Program Manager/Director of Operations and Executive Director.
• Administer pre-tests and manage the documentation of Carnegie Units (high school credits) for each student, if applicable.
• Serve as advisor and positive role model for assigned students and perform home visits as dictated by program standards and/or state contract.
• Prevent and intervene in youth altercations and incidents, using the authorized state mandated training methods.
• Administer first aid and CPR during emergencies in accordance with the national standards.
• Actively participate in day trips and special activities that involve recreational sports, facility and equipment cleaning, grounds maintenance, and equipment relocation.
Founded in 1991, AMIkids Southwest Florida is a private non-profit, staff-secure day treatment facility in Fort Myers Beach, Florida. Our program operates during regular school hours, serving both boys and girls who have committed a variety of non-violent offenses and are involved with the Florida Department of Juvenile Justice. Our staff works together with our kids and their families to address issues both in the home and in the student's neighborhood and help our kids to work through their issues and gain the needed skills to return to their families and communities.
Now, you can be a part of this outstanding organization and help guide the way. Take the step. Make a difference.
AMIkids Inc., Equal Employment Opportunity Employer • Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled • Drug-Free Workplace